Lost an Animal?
Please contact the Shelter on 01392 439898 and we will log details of your call to see if anyone has reported your pet as found.
There are various Lost and Found facilities and websites you can use, please see the list below:
The RSPCA is currently working with Pets Located, but other sites are available, such as:
If you have lost a dog, please contact your local council dog warden:
East Devon District Council: 01395 516551 (office hours) or 01395 516854 (out of hours)
Exeter City Council: 01392 265147
Mid Devon District Council: 01884 255255
South Hams District Council: 01803 861234
Teignbridge District Council: 01626 215881 or 01626 215419 or 01626 215415
Torbay Council: 01803 208025 (office hours) or 01803 550405 (out of hours)
West Devon Borough Council: 01822 813600
Here are some more tips to help you find your pet:
- Ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages, just in case your pet has managed to get locked in somewhere.
- Put up lost pet posters in your area in all public places and noticeboards – use a photo if you have one and include a telephone number.
- Do a door-to-door leaflet drop in your local area ensuring every household receives a leaflet, even those you’ve already spoken to, so that they have your contact details should they see your lost pet.
- Phone local vets – an injured or ill animal may have been handed in to a veterinary surgery.
- Contact your local newspaper – most local papers have a lost and found pet column.
- Phone the local council (especially important for dogs as the council have responsibility for stray dogs) and Police, to see if they have any record of your pet being found.
DON’T GIVE UP – lost or stolen pets, particularly cats, can reappear many months after disappearing.
We strongly advise that you microchip your pet so that if it is found, it can be safely reunited with you as quickly as possible.
We are not responsible for the contents of external websites or the availability of linked pages. Inclusion of a link to an external website does not imply any endorsement by or affiliation with the RSPCA of that site, its content, any product or service its operators may provide.