You can support the animals at Little Valley Animal Shelter in many ways:
Donate via our dedicated PayPal page or send us a cheque made payable to “RSPCA South, East & West Devon Branch”. Every donation we receive will go directly towards changing the lives of animals in the South West.
Help us fight for improved animal welfare by becoming a member of our branch via the RSPCA membership scheme. Click here to learn more.
Join the Friends of Little Valley. You will receive a newsletter throughout the year full of information and news from the Shelter.
In order to keep costs down, please let us have your email address so that we can email you the newsletter rather than printing and posting it.
And if you can join via Standing Order, we can make even more cost savings.
Membership costs: £7 per adult, £12 joint, £5 concession (OAP/under16)
To join the Friends of Little Valley, please download a Friends Application Form or call the Shelter on 01392 439898.
* The membership helps towards the cost of printing and posting the newsletter. Any monies left over or any donations go directly back into funding the running of the Shelter.
You can also:
Buy gifts for the the animals at Little Valley via Amazon Wishlists:
We have Amazon Wishlists containing items that the animals at Little Valley would like to make their time here with us a little more comfortable or fulfilling. Please consider buying something off here to donate to them:
Donate via Amazon Smile:
You shop — Amazon gives. By using the https://smile.amazon.co.uk instead of https://www.amazon.co.uk, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your spending to the charity of your choice! Nothing else about your experience changes. You’ll find the exact same low prices, wide selection and convenient shopping experience. No special sign-ups required! Before you start shopping, visit https://smile.amazon.co.uk and select us as your designated charity for the AmazonSmile programme. This ensures all donations from your eligible purchases made on Amazon go to us. Here’s how to sign up:
- Visit https://smile.amazon.co.uk.
- Under “Or pick your own charitable organisation”, type ‘RSPCA Little Valley’ and click “Search”.
- Click the yellow “Select” button next to ‘RSPCA Little Valley Animal Shelter’.
- Check the “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.co.uk to support RSPCA Little Valley Animal Shelter” and click “Start shopping”.
- All done!
Don’t forget to bookmark https://smile.amazon.co.uk!
Fundraise for us:
Could you organise a fundraising event for us or join in one of our own events? If so we’d love to hear from you. Please email Megan, our Community Fundraiser, at email@example.com for help and support or if you’d prefer to go alone, you can set up a Just Giving page by clicking on the button below and get people to donate or sponsor you.
JustGiving is great because:
- Gift Aid is added automatically, which is an extra 25% on top of every eligible donation.
- It reduces admin costs for us.
- It’s easier for you – there’s no need to run around with a sponsorship form, collecting cash and cheques.
- You’ll raise more for us – the average online donation is £30 compared to £15 offline!
Leave A legacy
Remember the Shelter in your will by specifying “RSPCA, South, East & West Devon Branch“, charity number 205154. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information or take a look at our Legacy Leaflet.
Join the Safe Haven scheme:
The Safe Haven scheme was launched in 2008 to offer supporters the opportunity to give a regular amount every month to sponsor a dog kennel, cat pen or rabbit run at Little Valley Animal Shelter.
Little Valley cares for hundreds of animals who are abandoned, unwanted, stray, injured or victims of cruelty and abuse. Little Valley is their Safe Haven, where they receive first class care and attention before rehoming.
To sponsor a dog kennel, cat pen or rabbit run, please download the Safe Haven Application Form or call the Shelter on 01392 439898.
Donate through Giveacar:
Do you own a vehicle that you want to sell or get rid of? Then please think about donating it to us through Giveacar! Giveacar raises money for UK charities by scrapping and selling old cars. They provide a nationwide FREE service which:
- Arranges the collection of the vehicle from your home
- Depending on its age and condition, recycles it at an authorised facility or sends it to auction
Scrap donations raise about £100 for the charity (depending on the price of metal) while auction cars can raise much more.
To arrange donation of a car, visit www.giveacar.co.uk or call 020 7736 4242, quoting RSPCA Little Valley Animal Shelter as your preferred charity.
Remember us when shopping online:
If you are a regular online shopper, why not shop through Easyfundraising and support Little Valley at the same time? It takes just 2 minutes to sign up. Easyfundraising helps charities, schools, sports clubs, community groups, and other good causes to raise money when their supporters shop online. It works in a similar way to many other loyalty shopping sites, but instead of earning points when you shop ,you raise a donation for your cause instead. It’s as simple as that! You can shop with over 2,000 well known stores and each will donate up to 15% of what you spend. For example, John Lewis will donate 1%, Amazon 2.5%, The Body Shop 6%, some insurance retailers will even donate up to £30 simply for taking out a policy with them!
And last but definitely not least you can..
Volunteer for us:
We always need volunteers. Please contact the Shelter on 01392 439898 if you can help in any of the following ways:
- Work in one of our charity shops.
- Hold a tin at collection days or during RSPCA Week.
- Assist at fundraising events such as Shelter Day or the Christmas Fayre by running stalls or on refreshments.
- Help by cleaning out some of our animals – check the Vacancies page for opportunities.
- Help in Reception at the Shelter.
- Get involved with group projects like painting, gardening etc.
- Help to reunite some of our stray animals with their owners.
Please note that we are unable to take volunteers under the age of 16 due to insurance.